1. Registration. Some Interactive Tools require the User to register and have a unique member account, with a User name and password combination according to Section 20, in order to access and use certain features or functions of the Site. To register, the User may be asked for personal information. Except as specifically provided for in the Site or herein, the personal information provided is only used for technical and customer administration and evaluation of the Site and may be shared with third parties only for these purposes. Examples of this type of data include statistics on which pages are most popular and which are least popular. The data collected is not intended to be traced back to a particular individual/User. The purpose of this data collection is so that the IEG can better understand the preferences of its visitors and improve this Site and its services. In this regard, the User grants the IEG a right to use the data collected according to Section 22.
If User chooses to use any Interactive Tool that requires registering or provision of personal information, part of User’s personal information such as e-mail address, gender, city, country, school, work, employment or organizational affiliation may be published, translated, distributed, displayed and in general be available to other Users registered on the Site.
User is entitled to cancel his or her member account anytime as provided in Section 23.
3. IP Addresses. The Site records User’s IP address and data such as browser type and operating system. This data helps us learn about the geographical distribution of our Site visitors and the technology they use to access our Site. This data is not connected with the personal information User supplies in connection with registration on the Site, except in certain cases of managing errors, in which case, the contents of the http request are captured when there is an error, which is used for troubleshooting. This includes any cookies that are present on the User's computer, the page requested, IP address and browser information, for example.
4. Security. The Site employs a range of technologies to protect the data maintained on our systems. Despite such undertaking, it is possible for Internet-based communications to be intercepted, subject to unauthorized access, lost, misused, disclosed, modified, forged, destroyed or targeted by cyber attacks. Therefore, as stated in Section 3, the IEG cannot ensure that User Content and Information will not be intercepted, subject to unauthorized access, lost, misused, disclosed, modified, destroyed, or targeted by cyber-attack.
5. Security Notice. The IEG reserves the right but not the obligation to monitor any Content, where posted on this Site. For Site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all Users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change Content, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload Content or change Content on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law. If monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel.
6. User Names and Passwords. Member accounts, User names and passwords are personal to each User. Users shall not allow any others to use their member account, User name or password under any circumstances. Each User is responsible for guarding his password carefully with the full awareness that a failure to keep his password secure will enable others to engage in transactions for which the User will be legally responsible.